Social icons

Holiday Dreaming

Wednesday 23 May 2018

As I remarked in some of my most recent editor's letters, I am going through some hard times. And the end of the year is not going as smoothly as I would like it to do. So on my time off, I check out some Summer destinations I am dreaming to get away to. I have not been away for Summer holidays in a few years, too busy, too happy to have some quality time at home. Yet this year I want to go. I want to get away and forget about all this stress and mess, forget about the worries and the future. As for the destinations, I have few ideas - dreaming of Italy, eventually because of Call Me By Your Name - and Spain, hot countries where I will struggle with the heat where Summer is always radiant and never disappoints. Yet I do not need to go too far away. I am a proud European, and a strong believer that Rome, for instance, or Barcelona, such touristic spots, or any other southern city, if you get properly lost into its mazy streets, can make you feel like you are on the other side of the earth, and not only few hours away from home. Holidays are for discoveries and relaxation for sure, but when getting away what I am looking for is hours of wandering with him, no maps, all the time in the world, and some spontaneity, leading us to mesmerizing places and surprises. Let's hope this will not only be a dream but become a reality. 




xo

Amy

Post a Comment